Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend!

Well for those of you who are still wondering.......yes.....I'm still pregnant. I went to the doctors last Thursday and was dilated to a 3. Plus, I was complaining of pelvic pressure. The pressure is unbelievable and I continue to feel like Sophia could make her appearance any time. On Friday, I was having mild contractions throughout the day. Also on Friday, my parents arrived from Jackson to spend the weekend with us. This was a planned visit to help us with the yard work. On Saturday, my parents and Doug worked on our yard and planted flowers. It looks great and I'm grateful that they were able to come out and help. Plus, my parents were a huge help in dealing with Sydney. All weekend I felt miserable and they stepped right in and helped make dinner, played with Sydney, and even gave her a bath. On Sunday, I was still having mild contractions so I went to the Labor and Delivery floor at Borgess to see what was going on. I thought if I'm going to have Sophia this weekend would be perfect because my parents were staying at the house. Anyways, we got checked in and started listening to her heartbeat. Her heartbeat was good and strong so they made me lay there to monitor her movements. They also checked me again and I was still dilated to a 3. I have to admit I was expecting more and was a little disappointed. After Sophia moved around they made me walk around for about an hour to see if that would help things along. After an hour they checked me again and was still dilated to a 3. Again, I was bummed but obviously she wasn't ready. They left the baby heartbeat monitor and my monitor on and said they would be back shortly. After about 45 minutes my midwife came in and said they were sending me home which was no surprise. She also said I am having contractions and they are about 5 minutes apart. Since the contractions are not very intense they could send me home. She said she would probably see me back later in the evening. She also said my cervix is really soft and once my water breaks it is going to be a quick labor. So now it is Monday night and I'm still pregnant and still having mild contractions. I'm just waiting because it could be any moment. I think this is hard because I could have her tomorrow or a week from now. I just have to be patient. I'm thankful that I'm at home so I can be a little more comfortable. I plan on working this week with having Wednesday off. I guess I will have to wait and take it day by day. I'm not in any pain just uncomfortable with all the random contractions and pelvic pressure. I have a routine doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon. I will post if anything changes. Wish me luck!

No comments: