Then it was time to visit Santa. Of course Sophia didn't mind sitting on Santa's lap.
Sydney was scared of Santa and was walking slowly towards him. She did get near him but wouldn't sit on his lap. The girls each received a gift. Sydney opened a stuffed Mickey Mouse and Sophia opened a Fisher Price stand up book.
After we were done opening gifts it was time to decorate sugar cookies. When it was time to go, Sydney did give Santa a high five and thanked him for her gift. There is still hope!
The next day we made some Christmas cookies. I invited my mother in-law over to help. I figured she would get a hoot out of watching Sydney. We first made peanut blossoms. Sydney helped me mix all the ingredients together. She had her own little bowl with ingredients as well. Once the cookies were done my mother in-law and Sydney put the Hershey Kisses in the center of each cookie. Next was the sugar cookies. Sydney did an awesome job making the sugar cookies. My mom and Sydney make cookies all the time so I shouldn't be so surprised. It was so cute. Sydney knew to put flour on the rolling pin and knew exactly how to use a cookie cutter. She was cutting the cookies out and all I had to do was put them on the cookie sheet. It was precious! By the time we were done she had flour all over her shirt, pants, and face. 

She worked hard in the kitchen and it showed. Once the cookies were cooled, she frosted and decorated them with sprinkles. We all had fun and it was great spending time with family. I think we have started a nice family tradition. Now I just need to resist eating all the yummy cookies!



1 comment:
Gabriel also didn't want to sit on Santa's lap. He held on to me for dear life when I tryed to sit him down. And the look on his face! (he was freeking out) but I just held him and stood next to Santa and he didn't cry a bit. We did get a picture taken and he looks a little worried in it.
Post a Comment