On Monday, we had a powerful thunderstorm roll through our area. The girls and I were eating breakfast at the table and watching the rain and wind. All the sudden I saw our grill and patio chairs sliding to the opposite side of the deck. I couldn't really see outside because of the rain and wind. Then I noticed that our new swingset that we just purchased in May was tipped over. The swingset is very tall and made out of wood. I panicked and took the girls and headed downstairs. After the major part of the storm was over we came upstairs to find the swingset now in my neighbors yard. Princess Belle and I cried. I was devastated because my girls and the neighbor girl played on it every single day. They loved the swingset and so did I. I felt so bad for my girls. I guess when my neighbors saw it their daughter even cried. The swingset is a total loss. We are not going to claim it on our insurance and will just replace it ourselves.
During the storm we also lost our electricity. It is not a big deal but when it is for multiple days then it becomes an issue. We have a well so we need electricity to run our water and flush the toilets. Monday was not a problem. I think we were all shocked and surprised by all the storm damage. For dinner, we had pizza with the our neighbors. On Tuesday, the girls went to daycare and I headed over to the in-laws for a shower. My parents brought us their generator to help us keep our chest freezer and refrigerator running. Of course, once my dad got here to hook it up the power came back on. I was glad because I was going to take the girls and my laundry to my in-laws on Wednesday if the power wasn't back on. It all worked out and we slept much better on Tuesday night. Luckily, the temps have been on the cooler side so it made good sleeping weather. I'm crossing our fingers we won't loose power for that long again. Doug and I are thinking about purchasing a generator so we will be prepared.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment