Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to Work

I returned to work this week and it has been an adjustment for Sydney and myself. I was ready to go back to work. I get so excited about meeting my new students and decorating the classroom. I don't like sitting through professional development meetings and getting up early. Sydney has been adjusting by going back to daycare 5 days a week and getting up early. On Monday, she was not happy about me waking her up. Usually, she woke me up over the summer. I'm glad I continued to take Sydney to daycare twice a week over summer vacation. She had a hard time the first couple days of being back. By Thursday, they said she was doing great and had a wonderful day. She was supposed to be moving into the Toddler room on the Tuesday after Labor Day but after talking with them they are going to move her the week after. I didn't think she was quite ready emotional to switch rooms so quickly after just returning full time. She does spend a little time in the Toddler room but not as much as the other children who are moving up as well. So I will wait and see how this transition will work out. Next week, I start my masters class on Wednesday at Western Michigan. I keep telling myself that it is worth getting my masters and I only have 2 more classes.

Doug and I are not going out of town this weekend. We are going to be running errands and cleaning the house on Friday. Then on Saturday, we are having some friends over for a barbecue and a bonfire. On Sunday, the plans are to attend church and head out to South Haven to the arts and craft show. Of course we will stop by my inlaws and maybe go to the beach. Then on Monday we will just relax and prepare for the busy week that lies ahead. Next weekend is the Wine and Harvest festival. Doug is competing in the grape stomp and Sydney and I are walking in the 5k. We will have a house full of people since some of my family, and Doug's family are coming in for the events. We are having a barbecue and bonfire as well. It should be a great time!

1 comment:

Koleen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, I have always wanted to try grape stomping. :) Good luck Sydney changing to the big girl room, I am sure it will be lots of fun.