Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Day

We have another snow/ice day and you might be wondering how we spend our day.  If I get a snow day, I will get a phone call from my principal.  She usually calls between 5 and 5:30am.  Once she calls, I'm out of bed and sneaking off to call my list of teachers to let them know we have the day off.  I only have to call about 6 teachers so it doesn't take long.  I love calling my co-workers to tell them we have a snow day.  They get so excited!  This morning I finished the calls and crept back to bed by 5:30.  Princess Belle attends school in a different county then where I work.  Believe it or not but in the winter the weather could be night and day between the two counties.  So now I'm in mom mode waiting to get the text notification that she doesn't have school too. If she did have school, our routine would be different.  I received the closing notice for Belle's school and now I could go back to sleep. 

My hubby still has to work so once all us girls are awake, I make breakfast for the girls.  Today was homemade chocolate chip Belgian waffles.  Yummy!  I put whip cream and sprinkle some extra chips on their waffles.  They love it. After breakfast, I start cleaning up from breakfast and do other chores around the house. Usually on a snow day, we have snow to shovel or snow blow.  She we will head out in our winter gear to clean off the driveway.

The rest of the day varies.  We will cuddle and watch a movie, play board games, build forts, etc.  We also will go outside and build a snowman.  Since I work fulltime, snow days are a great day for me to catch up on laundry.

I love hearing the word snow day!  This is already our third one this school year.  Actually, this is our third one in the last two weeks.  Princess Belle is on her fourth one in the last two weeks.  It is only January and we still have February and beginning of March where mother nature could bring more ice and snow.  I hope I don't have to work longer in June because of taking too many snow days.  On the other hand, I rather be safe with my girls in my house than driving in dangerous weather.  :)

No comments: