Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break Activities



Well...It is already four days into spring break and I have accomplished somethings that were on my list. My mom is here from Jackson and has been painting Sophia's bedroom. We painted it a light green (which you can't really tell from the picture) and it looks great. She finished painting the room on Tuesday and is now working on painting my bedroom. In my bedroom, she has finished the trim and is now ready to use the roller. I still have to move some of the furniture into Sophia's bedroom and hang up her dragonflies and ladybugs. I will post a picture when it is all put together.



Sydney had her first haircut on Monday. Well, actually it wasn't really a haircut but more like a trim. Her hair is getting so long and thick. The back of her hair was really uneven so my mom just took a tiny bit off the back to even it up. I couldn't save any because there wasn't much to save. Sydney did a great job of sitting there and now her hair looks great in the back.



Sydney loves having my mom here this week. She is all about grandma which is kind of nice. It is great to see my mom having so much fun with Sydney. On Tuesday, my mom had to watch Sydney for a couple of hours. So they decided to make yummy sugar cookies. My mom is brave because sugar cookies can be messy. :) Sydney loved playing in the dough and flour but made a huge mess. Good thing I was heading out the door. Here are some pictures of my mom and Syd making cookies.




I'm still working on my paper and it is almost done. I have a few more additions/corrections to make. I'm at 24 pages and it feels great to know that I'm almost done. It is due a week from today so I will be finishing it up this weekend. I have one more project to complete and then I will be able to graduate in June. :)

Sophia and I are doing great. I did receive my sugar test results and I do not have gestational diabetes. She is moving like crazy. Especially when there is music on or I'm trying to sleep. I'm starting to get some heartburn which has been manageable if I take Rolaids. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow so I don't have much more time left. If you think about it. Sydney was born at 36 1/2 weeks and was perfectly healthy. If Sophia follows that pattern I could be having a baby in about 5 to 6 weeks. Crazy! I'm now at the point of seeing the doctor every two weeks. My next appointment is Tuesday.

Now that we are painting my bedroom all my furniture is all over the house. I feel like I'm living in a construction zone. I love painting and re-decorating but hate the inconvenience of it. I can't wait to have it all done so everything can go back in its place.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Cant wait to see the finished room! And you gotta love it when Grandmas get all messy with the kids! Good thing u were walking out that door, and hopefully it was all cleaned up, including Sydney when you came back!!